Saturday 22 June 2013

{Becky} Screamex vs Religious2 Sample - Sploder Game Review

I made this Review when I was relatively new to the concept. It was one of my first Reviews. I am glad to say I have improved. Enjoy!

This is a short game -


The first thing I saw was that this game was created by Screamex. That gave me a big piece of information about the game. (Judging by the title) Screamex WOULD win, there was no doubt. But I still proceeded to play with the game even though I knew what the outcome would be. The next thing I noticed was when the game was loading it only had two levels. That didn’t bode well for this game I thought to myself while it was loading. When I saw the first level I was surprised by the adversity of the time limit. Also there was no background music.

The first level was quite cool, blending colours together, although since it was made by Screamex, obviously Religious2’s face just HAD to be changed in a way to make it seem like Religious2 was the bad guy. But the electromagnet part was impressive in its own way. Also the instructions to the first level were quite cluttered. When I tried the electromagnet out the time limit expired, so I had to keep playing until I got what it was doing, and how it worked, although the graphics was still exquisite, but not perfect.

When I was up to the second level the instructions said, “To shoot press the space bar.” I continuously hit the space bar, raging because it wasn’t working. Then the time limit expired and I lost the game...

Seriously Screamex?

So I played it again and discovered you needed to ‘left-click’ with your mouse. So yeah, again I was disappointed with this game. Screamex seriously needs to update his instructions even though it’s just a sample! Okay so here are the ratings guys!

Ratings:

Scenery – 3/5
Story line – 1/5
Graphics – 4/5
Sound – 2/5
Difficulty – 1/5
Game play – 2/5
Originality – 3/5
Over all - 16/35

~ Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment