Sunday 23 June 2013

{Chlorede} Let's Go For A Swim - Sploder Game Review

Game: Waves II

Maker: Creatingames

Type: Platformer.


~Pre-Thoughts~

I was looking down the featured game page and this popped up, it is by on of my favourite game makers Creatingames so I had to play it because I play all my mates games. But it was a feature so I knew it would be a good game. I also got caught in to it by the thumbnail because it was technically the title; I thought this game would be good at my first look of the thumbnail. I expected it to be harder than it was though because I found it simple after a few goes.


~Review~

This game was full of fun and some annoying puzzles, but it was addictive and kept me playing it and if you do you will beat it. I think there should of been less enemies because I hate loads of pointless enemies just to make there health go down. On the bright side I loved the puzzles.

I found this game to be like a puzzle plat but it was just off, it did have puzzles I am not saying it didn’t because it had legendary puzzles in it and the puzzles were fun, some were frustrating and some were really hard but together it makes a great game. I think he could have changed some of the enemies into a puzzle to make it more of a puzzle plat.

Another thing I loved about this game is that there is no traps only puzzles which seem like traps, but are puzzles. I would like 1 or 2 traps though to make it a bit harder and it would help get more views if they have to start again, so 1 or 2 traps would help it be a harder game than what it is.

The action in waves II is amazing you have to keep moving because you might have to run to not get trapped and it helps the game be harder and better, it also keeps you thinking but you have to think fast otherwise you might get stuck or die. The actions in all of Creatingames’s games are outstanding so this was not a surprise to me.

The scenery in this game was not that good, it had background but no skulls, spider webs etc. I liked the background though but it needs more decoration. It need to look good and make people think you spent a lot of time on it and not, “oh I can’t be bothered putting in a background”. The have got to know you wanted this game to be featured and you wanted it to be famous and not I don’t want to. Because that extra time good give you more views than it had before so I would decorate it more.

The Enemies and hazards were everywhere mostly the enemies. I don’t mind hazards but I hate enemies because all it does is waste your time. I hate games full of enemies but this was not full of them, but this game did not have loads, but a few of them were pointless, it ok if they are part of a puzzle or are guarding a switch but some where just there for no reason. Enemies in my opinion should be there for a reason. The Hazards I only saw a few but them few where in good place it is better than having 100‘s in pointless places. So the hazards where oh but it is just the enemies.

The placement is ok but he did not have much to place because he did not as I said before decorate it enough scenery. The enemies that were there for a reason were placed well and the puzzles were perfect.

The thumbnail was amazing it was as I said before just like the title. But i did not find the thumbnail exciting and it does not draw you in so you need more excitement, like have skulls decorate the thumbnail the best to make it interesting other than that great job on the thumbnail.


~Pros/Cons~

Pros:

Thumbnail: The thumbnail was like the title and it reminded me of waves.

Gameplay: The gameplay overall was amazing it kept the game interesting and it was a fun game to play.

Puzzles: This game was full of new and old, hard, easy puzzles.

Placement: He has spent time on the placement and that time gave him a better game.

Cons:

Scenery: I think he should of decorated the game more because it is just a background.

Traps: There were no traps I could find but I would like 1 or 2 traps in this game.

~Ratings~

Gameplay: 4/5
Difficulty: 3.5/5
Action: 4/5
Puzzles: 4.5/5
Traps: 0/5
Scenery: 2/5
Placement: 4/5
Creativity: 3.5/5

Overall: 3.5/5.

I think it has a bit more to go before being 5/5.

~Feature Worthy~

It was featured but I think it is not because it has problems like Traps, Scenery etc. But it is close in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment